1970s Vintage Bikini and Mesh Beach Jacket Crochet Pattern for Women: White beach coat and bikini are companion pieces, edge trimmed in turquoise. The coat has drawstring yoke, easy shell pattern, graceful flowing line; the bikini is close-worked in single crochet.
* You are purchasing the pattern only and not a finished item.*
Small 6-8 and medium (10-12).
Body Bust Size: 30 1/2 to 34 inches.
Finished Bust: Jacket: 40 inches (44 inches).
Columbia-Minerva Tropicale, 4 (6) 100-yd skeins white, main color (MC) for bikini; 10 (12) skeins white (MC) for jacket and 1 skein turquoise, contrasting color (CC) for both,
or Columbia-Minerva Nantuk Worsted Weight Yarn (4-ply), 3 (4) 2 oz skeins MC for bikini, 6 (8) skeins for jacket and 1 skein CC for both.
Crochet hooks size F/3-4, G/5 and H/6 (or English sizes 8, 7 and 6.)
10 inch piece of 1/2 inch elastic.
Heavy duty thread.
Gauge: 4 sts = 1 inch, 11 rows = 2 inches (size G hook, bikini).
3 pats = 4 inches (size H hook, jacket).
- This pattern is from my personal collection.
- Scanned and cleaned the original image.
- Retyped so the text is larger and easier to read.
- Saved as a PDF and available to download once payment is complete.
- Personal use only.