1970s Vintage Bulky Long Cabled Coat Knitting Pattern for Women: This bulky knit coat has full, generous sleeves, a collar you can cuddle under, and vertical cables for a slim looking fit. It is ankle length and wrapped with a bright colored braid instead of a belt.
* You are purchasing the pattern only and not a finished item. *
Size: One size: adjust length to underarm and sleeves to meet individual needs.
Note: This coat was designed to be loose-fitting. However, if you wish to make a snugger-fitting bodice, use Size 4 or Size 6 needles where pattern calls for Size 8. Be aware, though, that it will change the look of the coat somewhat.
Materials: Unger Fisherknit (bulky yarn) (1 3/4-oz balls)- 32 balls;
Circular knitting needles, Sizes 10 1/2, 10, and 8;
Size H crochet hook.
Gauge: On 10 1/2 needle: 8 sts of cable = 2 inches; 12 sts of rib = 4 inches;
9 rows = 2 inches.
- This pattern is from my personal collection.
- Scanned and cleaned the original image.
- Retyped so the text is larger and easier to read.
- Saved as a PDF and available to download once payment is complete.
- Personal use only.